There’s been a lot of talk lately about tidiness and minimalism in the home, and whilst we’re feeling the need to reduce clutter, we are confident it won’t be easy to part with much of our craft stash! So we’ve come up with this list of savvy storage related patterns that will help you get your home in shape in no time!
- Sara Huntington’s free jar cosy patterns are just the thing for being thrifty. Upcycle some jam jars with your favourite colours to save a bit of money! Get the exclusive pattern here.
- With the dreaded spring clean creeping in on our minds we’ll likely be needing a bit of persuasion. Hooking up this cute cupcake apron will hopefully ease us into the fun ahead! Find it over at Crochet Dreamz.
- Yarn storage using wooden crates – an easy solution to an overflowing collection! We need every bit of help we can get when it comes to storing our stash and whilst you can’t crochet this one, we think you’ll find it equally as tempting! Visit Make Do and Crew for the tutorial.
- We’re pleased that plastic bags are on their way out, though we’ve now found we own double figures of canvas tote bags! Whichever you prefer to use, hook up this cute owl bag holder to keep everything tidily organised. Download from ButtonNose Designs here.
- A lovely small sized storage basket, using a deliciously chunky recycled cotton cord. Perfect for tidying up all those loose bits and bobs in your home. Find the free pattern over at the Mollie Makes blog.
- Another way to organise your stash is this fab teardrop shaped design by Mei at Ice Pandora – easily attached to a pegboard, just buy some felt, pegs and you’re away! Read on here.
- Once you’ve organised your drawers and compartments, you’ll be needing to label them up! These Craft room drawer tags by Sara Huntington are so cute we’re sure you’ll want to use them as mini picture frames as well. Originally featuring in issue 14 of Simply Crochet Magazine. Get the exclusive pattern here.
- This lovely storage tub from Bernat is just the thing for your WIP and yarn to sit beside you whilst you snuggle up on the sofa – we particularly love this colourway too. Find the pattern at Love Crochet.
- What an excellent idea – we love this pouffe pattern by Michelle Moore, which happens to double up as storage itself! Genius! Grab the pattern here.
- These very cute bathroom pots from Issue 3 of Simply Crochet are diddy but hold everything you need. We chose calmingly clean colours to keep up the zen vibe of your very own ‘home spa’. How lovely they’ll look on your bathroom shelf! Download the pattern here.
And if that’s not enough to keep you busy, don’t forget to check out the rest of our free patterns here. You can also find many of our most popular patterns in our Ravelry pattern store at very reasonable prices – all being designed by expert designers and carefully tech-checked for errors!