Hooray, World Craft Week has officially started. This week is a celebration of all things crafty, and we’re going to be bringing you quick competitions and exclusive free patterns throughout the week. And it’s not just crochet, all of our sister magazines are getting involved too, so whether you simply enjoy sewing, are crazy for cross stitch or love to knit and natter, it’s a great opportunity to share your love of crafting!
Firstly, if you haven’t done so already, make sure you grab a hold of our free downloadable magazine from www.worldcraftweek.com. When you download it you can also choose to sign up for regular updates about all the exciting World Craft Week news and how to get involved. The free magazine also features Simply Crochet’s adorable Bertie Bear amigurumi pattern by Illaria Caliri, as well as a host of other cute and creative projects.
Secondly, make sure you’re following World Craft Week so that you can find out all of the latest news, competitions and giveaways on whichever social media you prefer. You can find World Craft Week on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. There’s also a special facebook group where we’re inviting people to join and share their craft tips, tricks and techniques – you can find the group here. Don’t forget to also post your photo’s and let us know how you’re getting involved by using hashtags #craft4bliss and #worldcraftweek – The best ones will win our Craft4Bliss Hero Awards!
And last but not least, this year we’ve teamed up with Bliss, the leading UK charity for babies born premature or sick. 1 in 8 babies born in the UK each year are admitted to neonatal units. We’d like to support Bliss by raising money through our Craft4Bliss campaign. You can help out in a number of ways, which you can find on page 12 of your free magazine, or by any of the options below!
1. Craft4Bliss – take part using the sponsor form on the back page of the digi mag and make a donation or host an event and ask family and friends to support you.
2. Buy a Craft Download for £3 – visit www.buysubscriptions.com/Craft4Bliss and choose one of our four craft downloads or you could buy the lot!
3. By Text – you can text your donation by sending MAKE14 followed by the amount (MAKE14£10) to 70070
4. By Justgiving – create your own fundraiser page or simply donate what you can to support Craft4Bliss. Visit www.bliss.org.uk/craft4bliss
5. Send a cheque – you can send a cheque made payable to Bliss to, CRAFT4BLISS, Bliss, 2nd Floor Chapter House, 18-20 Crucifix Lane, London SE1 3JW. Please write CRAFT4BLISS on the back of your cheque