World Craft Week is back! We’re extremely excited to announce the return of this week dedicated to all things craft, from knitting and quilting to cardmaking and sewing. The week itself is the 16th – 22nd April 2018.
Each day we’ll be sharing exclusive free patterns and hosting special quick competitions, all with the aim of getting you crafting and supporting a good cause! And it’s not just Simply Crochet, all of the Immediate Media Craft magazines will be sharing craft projects, running ‘make it’ competitions with prizes, challenges, contests, and getting key industry experts and bloggers involved too.
This year we’ve teamed up with Bliss, a charity that focuses on helping families with premature or sick babies (www.bliss.org.uk) to launch a new craft charity campaign called Craft4Bliss. And with a royal baby due in April, we’ve decided to celebrate the occasion by theming our crafting activities, patterns and projects for babies and children.
We’re giving away a free digital magazine in light of World Craft Week, consisting of over 40 pages of different craft projects. Simply visit www.worldcraftweek.com and fill in your details, you’ll then be sent an email straight away with the download link. The digital magazine is completely free but as we’re teaming up with a charity this year we kindly ask that you donate an amount of your choosing to Bliss, which you can do so here www.bliss.org.uk/craft4bliss
So get involved, spread the word, encourage your friends and maybe even try learning a new skill!
Plan a craft4bliss coffee morning
Have you got a ton of crafty friends? Are you super-organised? A natural events-planner? Then maybe you could help with the fundraising by hosting a Craft4Bliss coffee morning during April and help improve the lives of sick and premature babies. Invite your friends, neighbours and family around for a knit & natter, to make a few cards or show and tell whatever they’re crafting.
There’s plenty to keep you busy, as well as all of the patterns in your free digital magazine we’ll also be providing you with daily patterns and stitch tutorials on our blog throughout the week… Or, you could just chat and eat cake. We promise we won’t tell!
If you would like to knit or crochet items to be donated to premature babies there is some good information and specialist patterns from Bliss here, most local NICU’s will take donations (although be sure to check as some have to be particular about types of fibres used), or you can get in touch with Mylo and Friends who are always happy to receive your knitted/crocheted items.
But don’t forget about the most important thing, it’s all about raising money for a good cause. Which is why we’ve come up with 5 different ways to donate – it couldn’t be easier!
1. Craft4Bliss – take part using the sponsor form on the back page of the digi mag and make a donation or host an event and ask family and friends to support you.
2. Buy a Craft Download for £3 – visit www.buysubscriptions.com/Craft4Bliss and choose one of our four craft downloads or you could buy the lot!
3. By Text – you can text your donation by sending MAKE14 followed by the amount (MAKE14£10) to 70070
4. By Justgiving – create your own fundraiser page or simply donate what you can to support Craft4Bliss. Visit www.bliss.org.uk/craft4bliss
5. Send a cheque – you can send a cheque made payable to Bliss to, CRAFT4BLISS, Bliss, 2nd Floor Chapter House, 18-20 Crucifix Lane, London SE1 3JW. Please write CRAFT4BLISS on the back of your cheque