It’s now less than two months until Kirstie Allsopp’s Handmade Fair comes to Hampton Court Palace (19-21 September). So we caught up with Warm Pixie to find out what inspires them and what they’re looking forward to most at the big event.
1. What does a typical day at work look like for you?
First thing in the morning we get all our online orders sent out and admin work done, this leaves the afternoon for the fun bit! I design and make up new patterns and crochet and knit in the afternoons – bliss!
2. Are there any crafts you don’t like, or can’t do?
I have tried most things and love them all really, but crafts including yarns are my favourite, I love a bit of tapestry.
3. Who inspired you to start doing what you do?
I am a trained knitwear designer and have designed knitwear for years for high street brands and designer names, when I had my daughter I had the chance to sit and knit and crochet again and remembered how much I loved it so set up Warm Pixie so I could do it more and to offer other knitters and crocheters yarns and patterns that they might not be able to find elsewhere.
4. What do you love most about working in the craft industry?
Being creative and working with other creative people.
5. What new projects are you currently working on?
So many, we have some new yarns in the pipeline and some exciting ladies and childrens knitwear and crochet patterns and kits on the way.
6. What are you looking forward to most about being at The Handmade Fair?
I love Hampton Court, such a lovely place to spend a few days and I really want to meet the people who use our yarns and kits.
7. Tell us a little bit about what you’re doing at the Fair.
We will have all our yarns and kits available to buy and we will be on hand to demonstrate them and answer any questions.