Meredith from One Sheepish Girl stopped by today to share this tutorial for making your own pom-poms, great for decorating hats, shoes, or even strung together on a necklace. Let us know how you’ll use yours in the comments below.
1. Trace out a a circle on a piece of cardboard. The size of your circle will be the size of your pom pom. I used a measuring cup that was around the size I wanted to trace the circle.
2. Cut out circle
3. Draw a smaller circle within the circle.
4. Cut out the little circle.
5. Make a small “v” where you cut out the little circle to make the yarn easier to pull through. Repeat steps 1-5 to make a second circle.
6. Hold the two circles together and wrap the yarn through the notch and around evenly around the sides of the circle.
7. Wrap the yarn until the circle in the middle is filled in.
8. Use a pair of scissors to cut the yarn between the two circles all the way around.
9. Cut a length of yarn and tie a tight knot around the middle of the pom-pom. Bring the yarn around the other side and tie another, the tighter the better!
10. Trim the pom pom to make it round and even.
A big thank you to Meredith for sharing this tutorial with us, lets go pom-pom crazy!